It is time you did something different this winter. Join the Whitetail Team and receive great benefits all season long. If you love being on the mountain and believe in our guest service mission, then don't hesitate to join our team. Our immediate opportunities are listed below. You will also find employee benefits and job descriptions on this page. To work at the resort you must be at least 16 years of age unless you worked at the resort previously and have been asked to return, or you are applying for a job as a junior instructor.
Whitetail is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Safety Department Manager
The Safety Department Manager provides leadership and oversight to the Safety Department consisting of Volunteer and Paid Patrol, MST, Park Staff, and First Aid staff, positions as they provide daily operational duties that maintain a safe on-mountain environment and provide emergency services to Whitetail guests.
• A high school or equivalent degree. Undergraduate degree preferred
• Must be an advanced intermediate skier able to ski all terrain.
• Valid Driver’s license
• 21 years of age
• CPR for the Professional Rescuer, NSP Outdoor Emergency Care Technician Certification required
• Basic Patroller Status
This is a seasonal position starting in November ending in early April.
Submit resumes to email@example.com
Director of Safety and Risk Management
Under the direction of the General manager and the 3 area Director of Risk Management, this position works collaboratively and provides guidance to all Whitetail Resort departments to minimize hazards, risks and loss through the development, maintenance and oversight of a comprehensive loss prevention program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversight and management of all Safety Department Staff
• Identify, appraise and correct conditions that could cause accidents or financial loss.
• Assist in the development and implementation of accident and loss control programs.
• Maintain liaison with local Emergency Medical Services and Police Department.
• Develop and update the company's crisis management plan and other incident plans and preparedness.
• Work with the Events and Marketing teams on special event contracts, insurance and event execution.
• Conduct incident investigations and manage all incident documentation, follow-up, reporting, filing and database records, including witness statements, reports, photographs and diagrams.
• Serve as primary resort contact for potential claimants, claimants, attorneys and the resort's insurance company.
• Attend and possibly testify in legal depositions and other claim-related trial proceedings.
• Collaborate with Senior Mgt. and department managers, Public Safety and Resort Safety Committee on employee training programs, documentation and job hazard analyses
• Conduct periodic departmental safety inspections of all departments.
• Oversight of daily inspection of Skiing terrain and base area premise.
• Ensure complete investigation of all serious incidents.
• File management and general records management.
• Ensure resort's compliance with industry, state and federal laws and guidelines.
• Workers Compensation program and claims management.
• Organize and conduct departmental safety meetings.
• Organize and conduct employee safety committee meetings.
• Conduct other duties as directed by General Manager.